Is it possible you have an ego state disorder? Do you dissociate? This questionnaire may help you decide if you should get help now.
- Do you sometimes find yourself "zoning out" in the middle of a conversation, nodding your head appropriately, but unable to get yourself back in it and fearful that you will be found out?
- Did you spend a lot of time in fantasy as a child, so much so that teachers or parents criticized you for being "in another world" a good bit of the time?
- Does fantasy interfere with your life as an adult? Do you daydream about pleasant things so much that it jeopardizes your job or compromises your relationships?
- Do you feel like quite a different person from time-to-time?
- Do friends suggest that you seem quite changeable, different from day-to-day?
- Are you accident-prone?
- Do you make a lot of "Freudian slips" -- where you think one thing but say or write something quite different, even the opposite?
- Do you have a sense that part of you is missing or had to be jettisoned along the way?
- Do you notice things about your sex life that you think are weird, like hating to be touched in ways that most people seem to enjoy?
- Do you have large chunks of your childhood that are devoid of memories?
- Are you more indecisive than most of the people you know?
[A score of six or more "yes" answers is suggestive of Ego State Disorder.]
Caution: This is not a standardized test, and the scoring is only suggestive.
Staff, H. (2008, December 7). Dissociation Self-Test, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, August 4 from https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/wermany/dissociation-self-test