ADD-ADHD Resources & Information
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is one of the most common mental disorders in children and adolescents. ADHD usually becomes evident by early elementary years.
Many ADHD children grow into ADHD adults. One big problem is - most adults don't realize they have ADHD until their child is diagnosed with the disorder; then they recognize the signs and symptoms of adult ADHD in themselves.
Without treatment, ADHD can have a profoundly negative impact on both children and adults. One fourth of children with ADHD have serious learning disabilities. For ADHD adults, the disorder can affect relationships, learning, work and other aspects of life.
At HealthyPlace.com, our goal is to help you learn about ADHD and to offer you support in managing your and/or your child's ADHD symptoms. We have in-depth, trusted, up-to-date information on the diagnosis, causes and treatment of ADHD in children and adults.
Popular ADHD Articles
Do I have ADHD? You may ask yourself this question when you arrive late to work repeatedly, find yourself daydreaming in important meetings or lose things due to poor organization skills. Taking…
Teachers know what many professionals do not: that there is no one syndrome of ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) but many; that ADD rarely occurs in "pure" form by itself, but rather it…
How do you get ADHD? Parents whose child is diagnosed with ADHD ask this question as well as wonder if they did anything to cause or contribute to their child's condition. According to the National…
New From Living with Adult ADHD Blog
- Adderall (amphetamine/dextroamphetamine)
- Can you take Adderall and Xanax together?
- Focus boosting drugs not worth the risks, studies warn
- What to know about skin picking
- What are the differences between Strattera and Vyvanse?
- ADHD supplements: Are they effective?
- What can trigger ADHD?
- Everything you need to know about Wellbutrin for ADHD
- Concerta vs. Vyvanse for ADHD
- Everything you need to know about methylphenidate