You need the free Palm Reader to display the eBooks on your PDA.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Peele, S. (1981), Reductionism in the psychology of the eighties: Can biochemistry eliminate addiction, mental illness, and pain?American Psychologist, 36, 807-818.
- Peele, S. (1997), Utilizing culture and behavior in epidemiological models of alcohol consumption and consequences for Western nations, Alcohol & Alcoholism, 32, 51-64.
- Peele, S. & DeGrandpre, R.J. (1998), Cocaine and the concept of addiction: Environmental factors in drug compulsions.Addiction Research, 6, 235-263.
- Peele, S. (1998, Spring), Ten radical things NIAAA research shows about alcoholism. The Addictions Newsletter (The American Psychological Association, Division 50), 5(2), pp. 6; 17-19.
- Peele, S. (1998), The results for drug reform goals of shifting from interdiction/punishment to treatment. International Journal of Drug Policy,9, 43-56.
- Peele, S. (1999), The fix is in. A Commentary on "The Fix" (Massing, 1998) and "An Informed Approach to Substance Abuse" (Kleiman, 1998)International Journal of Drug Policy, 10, 9-16.
- Peele, S. (1999), Promoting positive drinking: Alcohol, necessary evil or positive good? In: S. Peele & M. Grant (Eds.), Alcohol and pleasure: A health perspective, Philadelphia: Brunner/Mazel, pp. 375-389.
- Peele, S. (1980), The addiction experience. Center City, MN: Hazelden. Modified from two-part article that appeared in Addictions (Ontario Addiction Research Foundation), Summer, 1977, pp. 21-41; Fall, 1977, 36-57.
- Peele, S., & Brodsky, A. (1974, August), Love can be an addiction.Psychology Today, pp. 22- 26.
- Peele, S. (1978, September), Addiction: The analgesic experience.Human Nature, pp. 61-67.
- Peele, S. (1996, March/April), Telling children all drinking is bad is simply not true. Healthy Drinking.
- Peele, S. (1998, March/April), All wet. The gospel of abstinence and twelve-step, studies show, is leading American alcoholics astray. The Sciences, pp. 17-21.
- Peele, S. (2001, Summer), Change is natural. This is why therapists and helpers must embrace natural processes.SMART Recovery News & Views, pp. 7-8.
- Peele, S. (2002, May), Hungry for the next fix. Behind the relentless, misguided search for a medical cure for addiction. Reason, pp. 32-36.
- Peele, S. (2002, August), Harm Reduction in Clinical Practice.Counselor: The Magazine for Addiction Professionals, pp. 28-32.
- Peele, S. (2004, July), Is AA's loss psychology's gain?Monitor on Psychology, Volume 35, No. 7 July/August 2004, p. 86.
- Peele, S. (2004, May-June), The surprising truth about addiction. Psychology Today, pp. 43-46.
- McCarley, A., & S. Peele (2006, February 2), Author's true milestone lost in controversy. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Peele, S. (2006, October 18), Hail the revelation. A spell in 'rehab' is all the rage among public figures. But what's behind their sudden urge to get clean, and does it send out the wrong messages?The Guardian.
- Peele, S. (2004), The crack baby myth can itself be damaging.The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S. (2005, October), Combating the Addictogenic Culture. The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S. (2006), Marijuana Is Addictive - So What?The Stanton Peele Addiction Website. Also available in Hungarian.
- Peele, S., & A. McCarley (2006, February), James Frey Told One Essential Truth. The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S., & A. McCarley (2006, February), James Frey's One True Thing. The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
~ all Stanton Peele articles
~ addictions library articles
~ all addictions articles
Staff, H. (2009, January 5). Palm eBooks, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, May 30 from https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/articles/palm-ebooks
Last Updated: June 27, 2016