Drug and Alcohol Policy
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Peele, S. (1996), Assumptions about drugs and the marketing of drug policies. In W.K. Bickel & R.J. DeGrandpre (Eds.), Drug policy and human nature. New York: Plenum, pp. 199-220.
- Peele, S. (1998), The results for drug reform goals of shifting from interdiction/punishment to treatment. International Journal of Drug Policy,9, 43-56.
- Peele, S. & Brodsky, A. (1998), Gateway to nowhere: How alcohol came to be scapegoated for drug abuse. Addiction Research, 5, 419-426.
- Husak, D., & Peele, S. (1998), "One of the major problems of our society": Symbolism and evidence of drug harms in U.S. Supreme Court decisions. Contemporary Drug Problems, 25, 191-233.
- Peele, S. (1999), The fix is in. A Commentary on "The Fix" (Massing, 1998) and "An Informed Approach to Substance Abuse" (Kleiman, 1998). International Journal of Drug Policy, 10, 9-16.
- Peele, S. (2000), The road to hell. Review of 'Mental Hygiene: Classroom Films — 1945-1970'. International Journal of Drug Policy, 11, 245-250.
- Peele, S. (2001), Court-ordered treatment for drug offenders is much better than prison: Or is it? Reconsider Quarterly, Winter 2000-1001, pp. 20-23.
- Peele, S. (2001), The new consensus—"Treat 'em or jail 'em" —is worse than the old. DPFT News (newsletter of the Drug Policy Forum of Texas), February, pp. 1; 3-4.
- Peele, S. (2001), Whose spirits have been broken anyway? Review of 'Broken Spirits: Power and Ideas in Nordic Alcohol Control'. Nordisk alkohol- & narkotikatidskrift, 18(1), 2001, 106-110.
- Peele, S. (2001), Will the Internet encourage or combat addiction? Review of 'Telematic Drug and Alcohol Prevention: Guidelines and Experience from Prevnet Euro'. Nordisk alkohol- & narkotikatidskrift, 18(1), 2001, 114-118.
- Peele, S. (2001, July/August), The world as addict. Review of "Forces of Habit: Drugs and the Making of the Modern World," by David E. Courtwright. Psychology Today, p. 72.
- Peele, S. (2001, May), Drunk with power. The case against court-imposed 12-step treatments. Reason, pp. 34-38.
- Peele, S. (2003, Spring), The best and the worst of 2002. SMART Recovery News & Views, Vol. 9, pp. 6-8.
- Peele, S. (1990, March 14), Cures depend on attitudes, not programs. Los Angeles Times.
- Peele, S. (1997, April 14), Should we continue to wage the drug war? Chasing the dragon. New York Times (Letters), p. A16.
- Peele, S. (1998, August 9), A drug-users' advocate. Washington Post (Letters), p. C6.
- Peele, S. (2000, February 14), McCain has two standards on drug abuse. The GOP candidate is a hawk in the drug war, yet his wife got no penalty. Los Angeles Times, p. B5.
- Peele, S., & Brodsky, A. (1997), The Great Zinberg/McCaffrey Debate. The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S. (2000), On being Jewish, a communist, and a drug legalizer. The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S. (2000), Little drunken rats. The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S. (2000), Eliminate bad crops — rent hell. The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S. (2000), The drug reform movement is doing the wrong thing. The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S., & Archie Brodsky (2000), Guidelines for sensible cannabis use. Prepared for, and with the assistance of, Cannabis Action Network, Berkeley, CA. Morristown, NJ: The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S. (2006), Marijuana Is Addictive - So What? The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
- Peele, S. (2006, March), I Know - Let's Really Scare Kids About Drugs! The Stanton Peele Addiction Website.
next: How Do I Get My Boyfriend To Quit Drugs/Drinking?
~ all Stanton Peele articles
~ addictions library articles
~ all addictions articles
Staff, H. (2009, January 3). Drug and Alcohol Policy, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, April 2 from https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/articles/drug-and-alcohol-policy
Last Updated: June 25, 2016