Help A Loved One With Anxiety
Learn about what you can do to help a loved one with anxiety.
People who have generalized anxiety disorder worry excessively and uncontrollably about things that can range from global issues to everyday occurrences. If you have a loved one who suffers, it's important to know that family support helps recovery. Some things family members can do to help a loved one diagnosed with an anxiety disorder are:
- Learn about the disorder.
- Recognize and praise small accomplishments.
- Modify expectations during stressful periods.
- Measure progress on the basis of individual improvement, not against some absolute standard.
- Be flexible and try to maintain a normal routine.
Source: Anxiety Disorders Association of America
Staff, H. (2007, February 18). Help A Loved One With Anxiety, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, April 11 from https://www.healthyplace.com/anxiety-panic/articles/help-a-loved-one-with-anxiety