Bad Relationships: When To Call It Quits
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Bad Relationships: When To Call It Quits
- Help Spread Awareness of Mental Illness
- Most Popular HealthyPlace Articles Shared by Facebook Fans
- From the HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Overcoming Homesickness: Your Child's Fear of Being Homesick
- Latest Mental Health News
If you have a mental illness, do you find yourself reluctant to end an unhealthy or bad relationship? You're not alone. Even despite being emotionally abused, some with depression, bipolar disorder, severe anxiety and other mental health conditions are afraid to leave. After all, they think, "something is better than nothing" and "who will help take care of me?"
In an article titled "Ending a Relationship: How Do You Know When Enough Is Enough?," our anxiety blogger, Jodi Aman, discusses how staying in unhealthy relationships actually makes your mental health worse. She also shares things you should consider BEFORE making a decision on whether to stay or leave the relationship.
- How to Tell the Difference Between a Healthy and Unhealthy Relationship
- What Constitutes an Unhealthy Relationship?
- The Impact of Being in an Unhealthy Relationship
- What to Do About an Unhealthy Relationship
- Recognizing Unhealthy Relationships and Creating Healthy Ones
Are you hesitant or afraid to leave an unhealthy relationship? Why? And how is it effecting you? We invite you to participate by commenting and sharing your feelings, experiences and knowledge on the HealthyPlace Facebook page.
Get Our Mental Health Blog Widget
Nearly 200 sites and blogs are helping spread awareness of mental illness. How about putting our mental health blogs widget on your website, blog or social page? The latest HealthyPlace blog headlines appear as soon as the articles are posted on our site. Just click "Get Widget" at the bottom of the widget, grab the embed code and paste it into your page. You'll also see embed links for Wordpress, Blogger, Linkedin and other social sites there.
As a bonus, put the blogs widget on your site or blog, email us (info AT healthyplace.com) with a page link where it appears, and we'll give a shoutout to your site, blog, or social site on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Share our Stories
At the top and bottom of all our stories, you'll find social share buttons for Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and other social sites. If you find a particular story, video, psychological test or other HealthyPlace feature helpful, there's a good chance others in need will too. Please share.
We also get many inquiries about our linking policy. If you have a website or blog, you can link to any page on the HealthyPlace website without asking us beforehand.
continue story below
Here are the top 3 mental health articles HealthyPlace Facebook fans are recommending you read:
- 5 Reasons Why Living With a Mental Illness Makes Us EXHAUSTED!
- Coming Out With Depression and Anxiety
- How to Diagnose ADHD: The ADHD Assessment
If you're not already, I hope you'll join us/like us on Facebook too. There are a lot of wonderful, supportive people there.
Mental Health Experiences
Share your thoughts/experiences with any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
Welcoming our new adult ADHD blogger, Elizabeth Prager. Liz joins Laurie Dupar as the co-author of the "Living with Adult ADHD blog.
On all our blogs, your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Emotionally Wounded, Isolated Children: How Parents Can Help (Your Mental Health Blog)
- 5 Important Marriage Builders: Constructing Your Relationship Outside Fear (Anxiety-Schmanxiety Blog)
- Seeing Someone in a Mental Health Crisis (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- PTSD and Meditation: How To Make It Easier (Trauma! A PTSD Blog)
- Does Your Relationship Status Determine Your Self-Worth? (Building Self-Esteem Blog)
- Self-Fulfilling Stigma (Surviving Mental Health Stigma Blog)
- Can You Understand Mental Illness If You Don’t Live With It? (Recovering From Mental Illness Blog)
- Friendship and Mental Illness: Belonging to 'Club Meds' (Mental Illness in the Family Blog)
- Unexpected Parenting Teamwork (Life with Bob Blog)
- “Forgive Me Please?” – Mending Hurt Relationships (The Life: LGBT Mental Health and Relationships Blog)
- BPD and Spirituality: Hazardous But Healing River (pt. 2) (More Than Borderline Blog)
- Eating Disorder Recovery: Back to Basics (Surviving ED Blog)
- In Search Of A Global Context For Mental Illness (Funny in the Head: A Mental Health Humor Blog)
- The Importance of Surrender to the Disease of Drug Addiction (Debunking Addiction Blog)
- I Got the ADHD Weekend Blues (Living with Adult ADHD Blog)
- Healthy Alternatives to Self-Injury (Speaking Out About Self-Injury Blog)
- Valentines Shmalentines (Coping with Depression Blog)
- How To Make Good Friends After Leaving Abuse (Verbal Abuse and Relationships Blog)
- Schizophrenia Poetry Series (Creative Schizophrenia Blog)
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
No More Hiding. No More Shame.
It's time to put an end to mental health stigma in your life. Join the Stand Up for Mental Health campaign. Put a button on your website or blog. We also have covers for Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Does your child suffer from extreme homesickness? No way is your child going to a school sleep away or a sleepover at a friend's house. Our parent coach, Dr. Steven Richfield, has some ideas on resolving your child's fear of being homesick.
These stories and more are featured on our mental health news page:
- Dear Valentine: I Hate It When You...
- Why Can Some Kids Handle Pressure While Others Fall Apart?
- The Power of Secrets
- Oops! I'm So Embarrassed. Feeling Self-Conscious When You Make a Mistake
- The Language of Love
- Happy or Just Content?
- Smoking Among U.S. Adults With Mental Illness 70 Percent Higher Than For Adults With No Mental Illness
- Millennials: The Most Stressed-Out Generation, USA
- Suicide Following Acute Alcohol Intoxication A Greater Risk For American Indians
- Manic Symptoms Similar for Children and Adolescents
- Substance Use Common in Young Mental Health Patients
- Manic Episodes Linked to Memory Recall Deficit in Bipolar Disorder
That's it for now. If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week:
- circle HealthyPlace on Google+,
- follow HealthyPlace on Twitter
- follow HealthyPlace on Pinterest
- or become a fan of HealthyPlace on Facebook.
Staff, H. (2013, February 18). Bad Relationships: When To Call It Quits, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, September 18 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/bad-relationships-when-to-call-it-quits