10 Ways to Simplify Your Life
1. Men need to grow up. Mama doesn't live here anymore. Make notes to yourself. Remind yourself to take out the garbage and other things that will keep harmony in your relationship.
2. Go to bed by 9 p.m. at least one night each week. You won't miss anything. AND you can spend some quality time with your partner and be more rested and ready to face the world again the following day.
3. Simplify your life by getting rid of relationships in your life that drain your energy. Develop some new relationships with people who help build you up, not bring you down.
4. Even though you are in a relationship, you must make time for you. Often people forget about taking care of themselves. They become so involved in the relationship they forget about #1. You owe it to yourself and life.
5. Be courageous. Be who YOU are. Stop trying to be someone you think someone else wants you to be. Stand up for who you are.
6. Learn to move past the "small stuff" fast. Don't linger in the past with something that happened that you cannot change. Forgive if necessary and move on. Hanging on to anger, resentment, etc., is an energy drain. Life is too short. Take time to tell those you love how much you care each and everyday.
7. Stop complaining about things your partner does that annoy you. Instead catch them doing something right and offer a sincere compliment with a dash of love and perhaps a hug thrown in.
8. When things become stressful in your relationship, stop and take a deep breath. Pause. Relax. Ask yourself, "Will becoming more upset about this push me closer to what I want or further away?" Create something constructive to do to instead of becoming stuck in your negativity about the situation.
9. Let your partner catch you with a smile on your face. Be happy. Happiness is a wise choice. Happiness is contagious.
10. Design a quiet place to do some serious soul searching. Spend time alone. Think about what you can do to bring more quality to your relationships. Self connect. Who would you have to become and how would you have to do things differently for your life and your relationships to be a 10?
next: I Hate Snakes!
Staff, H. (2009, January 10). 10 Ways to Simplify Your Life, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, September 21 from https://www.healthyplace.com/relationships/celebrate-love/ten-ways-to-simplify-your-life