Questions to Ask Your Eating Disorder Treatment Provider
Once you have chosen a treatment provider, you may want to consider asking these questions in your first meeting.
Remember that at any time during eating disorders treatment, you can raise questions and consult your treatment provider regarding areas of concern.
Questions for Treatment Providers:
- What is the diagnosis? See eating disorder symptoms.
- What treatment plan do you recommend?
- Will you or someone else conduct the treatment? If someone else, does that person work for you or would this be a referral? Will you supervise the treatment?
- What are the alternative treatments?
- What are the benefits and the risks associated with the recommended treatment? With the alternative treatments?
- What role will family members or friends play in treatment?
Questions for Parents:
- How can I help to support my child during treatment? What is my role within the treatment?
- How often will you talk to me about my child's progress?
- What if my child doesn't want to participate in eating disorder therapy?
Tracy, N. (2008, November 23). Questions to Ask Your Eating Disorder Treatment Provider, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, February 18 from https://www.healthyplace.com/eating-disorders/articles/questions-to-ask-your-eating-disorder-treatment-provider