Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Peele, S. (1985), Behavior therapy—the hardest way: Controlled drinking and natural remission from alcoholism. In G.A. Marlatt et al., Abstinence and controlled drinking: Alternative treatment goals for alcoholism and problem drinking? Bulletin of the Society of Psychologists in Addictive Behaviors, 4, 141-147.
- Peele, S. (1986), The implications and limitations of genetic models of alcoholism and other addictions.Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 47, 63-73.
- Peele, S. (1986), Denial — of reality and freedom — in addiction research and treatment.Bulletin of the Society of Psychologists in the Addictive Behaviors, 5, 149-166.
- Peele, S. (1987), Why do controlled-drinking outcomes vary by country, era, and investigator?: Cultural conceptions of relapse and remission in alcoholism. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 20, 173-201.
- Peele, S. (1990), Why and by whom the American alcoholism treatment industry is under siege.Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 22, 1-13.
- Peele, S. (1993), The conflict between public health goals and the temperance mentality.American Journal of Public Health, 83, 805-810.
- Peele, S. (1995), Abstinence/Controlled drinking versus abstinence. In Jaffe, J. (ed.), Encyclopedia of Drugs and Alcohol, New York: Macmillan, pp. 92-97.
- Peele, S. & A. Brodsky (1996), The antidote to alcohol abuse: Sensible drinking messages. In Wine in Context: Nutrition, Physiology, Policy, Davis, CA: American Society for Enology and Viticulture, pp. 66-70.
- Peele, S. & A. Brodsky (1998), Gateway to nowhere: How alcohol came to be scapegoated for drug abuse. Addiction Research, 5, 419-426.
- Peele, S. (1998, Spring), Ten radical things NIAAA research shows about alcoholism. The Addictions Newsletter (The American Psychological Association, Division 50), 5(2), pp. 6; 17-19.
- Peele, S. (1999), Introduction. In S. Peele & M. Grant (Eds.), Alcohol and pleasure: A health perspective, Philadelphia, PA: Brunner/Mazel, pp. 1-7.
- Peele, S. (1999), Promoting positive drinking: Alcohol, necessary evil or positive good? In: S. Peele & M. Grant (Eds.), Alcohol and pleasure: A health perspective, Philadelphia: Brunner/Mazel, pp. 375-389.
- Peele, S. (1999), Foreword to Robert Granfield and William Cloud's, Coming clean: Overcoming addiction without treatment. New York, NYU Press.
- Peele, S. (2000), The road to hell. Review of 'Mental Hygiene: Classroom Films — 1945-1970'. International Journal of Drug Policy, 11, 245-250.
- Peele, S. (2006), Reducing Harms from Youth Drinking. Journal of Alcohol and Drug Education, Vol. 50(4), Dec. 2006, pp. 67-87.
Staff, H. (2009, January 1). Journal Articles and Book Chapters, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2020, October 21 from https://www.healthyplace.com/addictions/articles/journal-articles-and-book-chapters