Women In Love With Psychopaths: HealthyPlace Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- New Diabetes Section on HealthyPlace.com
- Share Your Mental Health Experiences
- "Women In Love With Psychopaths" On HealthyPlace TV
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
- Navigating The Social World For Young Adults With Social Anxiety
I know - HealthyPlace is a mental health site, why would we open a section with comprehensive diabetes information? Here's the shocking news:
One in every five people with a mental illness appear to develop diabetes - about double the rate of the general population. -NIMH
There are two theories on why diabetes amongst the mentally ill is growing at such an alarming rate:
- People with mental illness tend to eat fattening food, get little exercise and have limited access to health care.
- Antipsychotic medications have been linked to excessive weight gain; a primary risk factor for type 2 diabetes.
In the new HealthyPlace Diabetes Community, you'll find detailed information on the symptoms, causes, treatments and complications of diabetes. Plus, we have a special section on Diabetes and Mental Illness written by award-winning mental health author, Julie Fast. If you are looking for specific articles, here's the Diabetes section table of contents.
Diabetes is a serious and dangerous medical condition. It's important you learn all you can about it.
Share Your Mental Health Experiences
Share your thoughts on "stigma of mental illness" or any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
Why do some women fall for men with severe psychopathology (Narcissists, Sociopaths and Psychopaths)? And if you're in a pathological relationship, how do you get out? Author of "Women Who Love Psychopaths" and expert in pathological relationships, Sandra Brown M.A., answers those questions on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show.
continue story below
- Interesting details on our guest and the cost of pathological relationships (tv show blog, guest info)
Still to Come in June on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- PTSD: Dealing with Trauma in Your Life
- Interview with Breaking Bipolar blogger, Natasha Tracy
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
Click here for a list of previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Shows.
First, we want to note that Bipolar Vida blogger, Cristina Fender, is leaving the blogging world. The good news is she's going to college to pursue her dream of helping others with a mental illness. Cristina has written many wonderful posts on her journey to bipolar recovery which will remain on the HealthyPlace site. She shared what it's like living with bipolar disorder and provided inspiration to many to aid in their recovery efforts. For that, we sincerely thank her and wish her the best.
Our new bipolar blogger is Natasha Tracy. Her blog, Breaking Bipolar,provides an inside look at bipolar disorder from a woman who's received almost every bipolar treatment currently available. You can read more about Natasha and watch her new video here. I hope you'll leave your comments on her blog. When you're writing, it's nice to get feedback from your readers.
- The Price of Being Bipolar in Public (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Fighting the Good Fight Against ADHD (ADDaboy! adult ADHD blog)
- Ideal Body Weight: What Does It Mean? (Eating Disorder Recovery: The Power of Parents blog)
- A Personal Bill of Rights for People Living with Anxiety (Nitty Gritty of Anxiety blog)
- A New Beginning (Bipolar Vida blog)
- Does Your Anxiety Limit Your Life?
- 3 Ways For ADHD Dads to Earn Respect From Their Teens
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
As our anxiety blogger, Aimee White, can tell you, living with social anxiety isn't easy. What can parents do when they have a teenager or adult child suffering from social anxiety? Dr. Steven Richfield, the Parent Coach, has some parenting tips for helping an adult child with social anxiety.
We also encourage you to visit and share the new Parent Coach site with others. It's located in the HealthyPlace Parenting Community. The site is home to nearly 200 brief articles addressing issues many of our "parent" readers are concerned about.
Staff, H. (2010, June 2). Women In Love With Psychopaths: HealthyPlace Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2023, January 29 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/women-in-love-with-psychopaths