Mental Illness and Hope: HealthyPlace Newsletter
HealthyPlace Mental Health Newsletter
Here's what's happening on the HealthyPlace site this week:
- Mental Illness and the Importance of Hope
- Share Your Mental Health Experience
- "Bipolar In the Workplace" On HealthyPlace TV
- "Becoming One: Integration and Dissociative Identity Disorder" On HealthyPlace Radio
- From HealthyPlace Mental Health Blogs
HOPE is such an important part of life; especially if you are living with a mental illness. Many of us hope there is help available to treat our depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety or other psychiatric condition. We hope that the missing pieces of the puzzle will be identified, funded and implemented so that our symptoms are forever banished from our lives.
This week, two of our bloggers share different viewpoints on the topic.
For Becky Oberg, hope is a beacon that a relatively new therapy has improved her ability to manage the symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder. There are many mental health professionals, who today, believe that BPD is untreatable and won't even accept a BPD patient.
Breaking Bipolar blog author, Natasha Tracy, looks at hope as a two edged sword. It can be a motivator in driving you to seek and maintain treatment. On the other hand, hopes can be quickly dashed if treatment doesn't prove to be effective.
Mental Health Experiences
What does HOPE mean to you? Share your thoughts/experiences on HOPE or any mental health subject, or respond to other people's audio posts, by calling our toll-free number (1-888-883-8045).
You can listen to what other people are saying by clicking on the gray title bars inside the widgets located on the "Sharing Your Mental Health Experiences" homepage, the HealthyPlace homepage, and the HealthyPlace Support Network homepage.
continue story below
If you have any questions, write us at: info AT healthyplace.com
"Bipolar In the Workplace" On HealthyPlace TV
Managing bipolar symptoms is a job unto itself. Dealing with Bipolar Disorder and issues in your place of work or your business takes the problem to an entirely new level. HealthyPlace blogger and entrepreneur, Peter Zawistowski, has gone through everything from all-night work binges to having troubles managing money and he talks about that on this week's HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show. (TV Show blog)
Coming in November on the HealthyPlace Mental Health TV Show
- De-romanticizing Anorexia
- My Life with Schizophrenia
If you would like to be a guest on the show or share your personal story in writing or via video, please write us at: producer AT healthyplace.com
For all previous HealthyPlace Mental Health TV archived shows.
Sarah Olson has Dissociative Identity Disorder aka Multiple Personality Disorder. Nearly 15 years ago, while undergoing Dissociative Identity Disorder treatment, Sarah made a decision to integrate her over 50 alters. Why? How? and the change and impact it has had on her life is the subject of this HealthyPlace Mental Health Radio Show.
Your comments and observations are welcomed.
- Holding Onto Hope in Bipolar Treatment (Breaking Bipolar Blog)
- Think Anxiety Away: Top Ten Cognitive Distortions (Treating Anxiety Blog)
- Positive Report From School a Pleasant Surprise (Life with Bob: A Parenting Blog)
- My Mental Illness Is Not Your Excuse (Dissociative Living blog)
- 15 Ways To Make Yourself Feel Better After a Bad Day (The Unlocked Life Blog)
- There Is Hope: My Scare at the Bus Stop (More Than Borderline blog)
- Setting Business Goals When You Have Bipolar or Depression (Work and Bipolar or Depression blog)
- How to Interview a Potential Therapist
- Morphing into Your Partner: How to Keep Your Own Identity
- Integration and Dissociative Identity Disorder Treatment
- Rules for Taking Psychiatric Medication
- A Plea for More Mental Health Awareness
Feel free to share your thoughts and comments at the bottom of any blog post. And visit the mental health blogs homepage for the latest posts.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from this newsletter or the HealthyPlace.com site, I hope you'll pass this onto them. You can also share the newsletter on any social network (like facebook, stumbleupon, or digg) you belong to by clicking the links below. For updates throughout the week,
Staff, H. (2010, October 28). Mental Illness and Hope: HealthyPlace Newsletter, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2022, September 29 from https://www.healthyplace.com/other-info/mental-health-newsletter/mental-illness-and-hope-healthyplace-newsletter