Power of the Mind. How You Can Unleash It!
You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. ~ Marcus Aurelius
How would you define the word “mind”? When you hear or see the word “mind”, what typically comes to mind for you? No pun intended.
The mind, according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, is the “Element or complex of elements in an individual that feels, perceives, thinks, wills, and especially reasons.” Simply put, the mind is an energetic force that grows and changes based on your thinking, doing and lived experiences.
Saying the word “mind” typically conjures up the word “thought,” in particular private thoughts that no one else knows about unless shared. Have you ever had someone ask you, “what’s on your mind?” The mind is so powerful it allows us to strike up a conversation with ourselves to plan and decide to do something. Have you ever talked to yourself before? I have. The mind is amazing and in one form or another we use it in our daily life to think, memorize, and visualize or even daydream. The mind is your powerhouse.
Unleash the Power of the Mind
You can unleash the power of the mind to influence the positive change you wish to see in your daily life. I recall hearing about a story of two stark examples of positive and negative mental attention that resulted in very different outcomes. The first example was about a prominent physician who took on a failing practice with a sub-qualified staff. However, the staff brimmed with optimism, teamwork, unwavering confidence, and focused on a positive outcome. They prevailed against all odds to restore a failing medical practice. The second example was yet another prominent physician who joined by all accounts a successful partnership of highly qualified staff. However, the environment was rife with a staff focused on self-promotion, bickering, rumors, and attrition. This resulted in substantial financial losses and collapse of the medical practice. As you can see the power of the mind can be used for positive or negative outcomes.
Get started with unleashing the positive power of your mind:
- Meditate. Meditation is a remarkable practice that can be used to quiet the mind. There are many forms of meditation. Experiment and discover what works best for you. Here is a basic one I use: Find a quiet, relaxing place where you can sit comfortably. Close your eyes. Take in a long deep breath. Slowly exhale and then inhale. Repeat this five times while mindfully stating: “I am exhaling fears and negativity and inhaling courage, confidence, bliss and freedom”.
- Think positive. Think positive out loud by engaging in self-talk that gives rise to an elevated sense of enhanced powers to speak our desires into existence.
- Memorize an affirmation. Commit a positive affirmation to memory. Saying positive things to yourself repeatedly is a way to form positive programming in your daily life. For example, “I am grateful”, I am powerful”, or “I am balanced and centered”.
- Visualize your desired outcome. Tap into the mind and arouse your imagination to create ideas, images, and an environment in your mind. This is significant because the power to project possible outcomes and visualize the circumstances you wish to see is an inherent human gift. If you change the way you see things in life, your conditioned response to those things will change.
- Engage in positive actions. Focus on positive actions that you can do to alter your physical reality.
What's In It For You?
What’s in it for you is a chance to operate from a different level of thought, experience an open mind, heart, and stronger awareness of your environment and spiritual life. You will experience a gradual end of the furor of fears, feelings, desires, perceptions, and negative thoughts. And rather than sit by the roadside, you will be encouraged to run directly towards living a blissful life.
As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. ~ Henry David Thoreau.
Unleash the power of your mind. Think positive thoughts and memorize and visualize positive things to create the life you desire to see.
Savion, S. (2014, January 12). Power of the Mind. How You Can Unleash It!, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2021, February 28 from https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/livingablissfullife/2014/01/power-of-the-mind-how-you-can-unleash-it
Author: Sydney Savion, D.Ed.
This article remind me the quotation of a clinical psychiatrist to its patient with suicidal ideation and behavior after huge life devastation outcome: You have got something that is value to life, it is your freedom to think. So, it should to use this opportunity in positive context to live the most possible happy and accomplishment daily life. But real life is more complex and perplex experience that compromise this suggestion. After all, we should to face with many negative people and provocative and dangerous events during common daily life. There isn't possible to avoid these bad and unkind things, but it ought ta make effort to soften emotional turmoil against them. The five inspirational recommendations are welcomed and functional ones. It is here our personal endurance and self-contained approaching along side life turmoil events and negative persons. As emotionally sensible creatures, we ought to give up hot-blooded situations, even we are often victims of different tricks with evil-minded backward. The health mind learn us that the real world is magic mixture of good and bad people and things, as well. In such manner we ought to understand and accept the outside of reality. Our big duty is to harmonize personal desires and ambitions with concrete environmental inquires and standards.
This is just what I have been looking for.Have been wanting to learn how to meditate.This is really awesome.I need so much to unleash my mind.and yes I want to do much live that blissful life.Thank you..but how do I learn more out where?