Five Simple Ways to Declutter Your Home
Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.~William Morris
Do you feel liberated when you enter your home? Do you have things you do not use? Are all of your belongings scattered all over your house? Do you feel disorganized both inside and out?
Home Clutter Unveiled
Clutter and disorganization often flow to and from one another. Karen Kingston, author of Clear your Clutter with Feng Shui, defines clutter in four categories:
- Things you do not use or love
- Things that are untidy or disorganized
- Too many things in too small a space
- Anything unfinished (so very true)
Clutter is often a by-product of an overwhelming and busy life. Research has found that typically a constant state of disorganization, or clutter, is the result of a person suffering physically, socially, and/or emotionally. Let’s face it, our daily lives are filled to capacity with a lots of happenings, some useful and meaningful and some not so much. This is the time disorganization and clutter can creep up on you without you noticing. The next thing you know, the space in your home becomes a mound of stuff scattered here and there. Of course, there are things you think you need or could find some use for in the future, but ask yourself when is the last time you used “it?"
To let energy flow and feel more liberated at home, start clearing out and letting go of stuff. Anyone who has ever cleaned out a closet and taken stuff to Goodwill knows how liberating it is. You feel lighter, your mind feels clearer. ~Cecile Andrews. This is a huge part of living a blissful life. Let’s get started with five tips to de-clutter home.
Five Tips to Declutter Your Home
- Slow down. Life can be chaotic. Take notice of your surroundings.
- Designate an inbox spot. Pick a spot for important and junk mail.
- Give away. Identify things you don’t love and donate them.
- Ask a friend to help. Invite a friend to help you get organized.
- Rearrange furniture. Position your furniture so your home feels open.
D.Ed., S. (2014, April 13). Five Simple Ways to Declutter Your Home, HealthyPlace. Retrieved on 2019, September 22 from https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/livingablissfullife/2014/04/five-simple-ways-to-declutter-your-home